Wednesday, November 23, 2011

divine dressing


divine dressing makes delicious dipping!

This dressing is ridiculously good.  Perfect for dipping crudites (like we did last night during our homage to Joe), for spreading on sandwiches, jazzing up wraps and makes a spectacular potato salad. It is one of my favorites and I hope that you will give it a try this holiday season.  The fresh herbs may seem extravagant - but they are worth it.  It will ensure that your 'make to take' crudites platter is the hit of the party!

Divine Dressing
adapted from "Crudites with Green Goddess Dressing" Bon Appetite, December 2010

Ingredients:

1 1/2 c mayonnaise
1/4 c chives, snipped
3 T tarragon, chopped
2 T basil, snipped
2 T champagne vinegar
  (my twist, called for white wine)
2 garlic cloves, peeled
  (originally called for 1 clove)
1 anchovy fillet
1 ripe avocado
  (ok without but so creamy with) 


Directions:

1. When I say 'snipped' above it is to refer to when I use my kitchen shears for ease but chopping with a knife will work well, also. 
2. Blend the mayo in your food processor with the next 6 ingredients.  Scrape down the sides to incorporate. Then gently pulse in the avocado. 

2. This makes enough for two generous crudites platters.  So I stash a cup in the fridge for later use on sandwiches, etc. It generally keeps in my fridge for a week.

3. Have fun designing your crudites platter.  This is a great project for the kids.  There are some great ideas on the internet ... and I'll post pictures of the ones we make from time to time.

Happy dipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment